Sunday, August 17, 2008

Thing 23

I have finished 23 Things, but by no means am I finished with learning.

My favorite discoveries in this journey were Google Reader, Google Docs, Photo Story and creating my blog. It is hard to narrow down because I feel that I discovered a lot of things I will use such as delicious – I have used that everyday since I learned about it. One of the best things for me was to exercise my mind and continue on my learning journey. Since I am a digital immigrant, I must keep learning.

This program was a great assistant to my lifelong learning goals and just reinforces my desire to learn more about technology that can assist me in my daily life.

There were tons of take-a-ways in this program, actually too many to list. I can’t say that there were any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised me because my expectations with any thing related to the SBISD library program are quite high and were only reinforced by this program.

Improvements in the program could only come in marketing ways to convince other teachers/librarians to take the program. The program took me more than the 18 professional development awarded. I am probably about average – not as fast as some learning technology and not as slow as others. So maybe convince the powers at be that this program will help teachers do the job they need to do and one way to get the teachers to buy in would be to award a few more hours – say 24.

If you offered another discovery program like this I would definitely take it.

Since I have begun to use daily the “things” I learned in 23 Things I would describe it as life altering. (which is way more than I can say about 90% of the inservices I have taken since I became a teacher). Thanks for the opportunity!

1 comment:

VWB said...

Congrats for completing your technology adventure, but more importantly, glad you are a part of our team!
Looking forward to all kinds of fun!