Friday, August 15, 2008

Thing 18

I love Google Docs for myself and I see a lot of advantages for teams of teachers who routinely work together. I love the fact that I can work on my home computer on a document, go to school or any other place and be able to access that document. It is like a flash drive I don’t have to keep up with. At my old school we were always tweaking things and then sometimes we would forget who stored it where. It would have been nice if we would have known about this and been able to share some documents with others so during a discussion one team member could be making the changes and then the document could be “shared” with others.

I could see students using it when working on a group project when they aren’t really able to work at the same place or perhaps editing each other’s work. Come to think of it, this would have greatly helped me during my online library course’s group projects because partners were always emailing each other back and forth the paper. That way it would be there to work on and the other person could work on it also.

I think if a lot of people were working on their section of the same document each individual would need to be careful to not change another person’s part. For instance if orders for a lunch take out were being developed on a spread sheet and I was mad at JoeSmo because he never returns the COWs to the pasture then I might change his lunch order to a spinach wrap because I know that he really likes roast beef sandwiches. Not that I would do that, but anyone who reads this needs to make sure the COWs are returned to the pasture in a timely fashion!

1 comment:

Barry said...

I like your way of thinking! And I will definitely not be late returning the COW even though I like spinach.