Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Life is in the details

My new elementary school was given a face lift this summer. New paint, carpet and tile (in most places) will greet students when they arrive next week. However people are missing little things that are important to them and a large pile of unclaimed items resides on top of a shelf in the library. We all spend time looking for a remote or a missing cable and things that are really important tend to show up by the end of the day.

I have been wondering what details will the students notice when they arrive.

After two intense days unpacking the library with faculty in the building, I must admit that a couple of teachers probably walked away unimpressed by the "new librarian." Oh well, the learning curve I am in is pretty steep with regards to where their remotes might be hiding, but I have a couple of things up my sleeve I know they will be impressed with and if not... I make a great brownie!

No comments: