Friday, August 15, 2008

Thing 19

I looked at a variety of sites and happily noticed that a number of the ones I really like are award winners. I roamed around G.ho.st which is a desktop operating system that is online offering the user 5MB of space for free and more space for a monthly charge. I could see high school students or teachers who are given a limited amount of network space using this site to “hold” some of their items that are larger.

I also looked at one of the education sites (.Docstoc). This site had some useful parts for adults looking to learn about different things like embedding a video (kids might need this, too!) or writing a will. I thought it would be more teacher-like documents, but it wasn’t or I didn’t look far enough into it. I did find a nice ppt about the story arch of a hero that any high school English class could use so I guess there were parts that a teacher could use.

Now I shall play and create a new avatar!

Tomorrow more "things."

No comments: