Sunday, July 19, 2009

Thing 8 of 11.5 Things

Wow! This was really fun. I explored a few people's blogs to see which screencast program they used and read the few blogs and settled on two: Freecast and then Screencast-O-Matic. I created a short screencast to use with teachers who frequently ask me "Do we have _____ in the library?" I guess that they are use to librarians knowing all that is in the collection, but being new (and I don't like to clog my brain with that information since I can access it easily enough)I don't know. Anyway, here is my screencast for the teachers. It was great fun to make and super easy. I think kids could do all types of these to show other kids how to do things. I can't wait until I can have a few work some different screencasts like the steps to taking an AR test.

2 comments:

VWB said...

I too was trying to get a sense of which of these tools were turning out to be the best to use. Thanks for helping me narrow down my choice!

Handy sample to have ready for all those questions!

Info Mage said...

I loved the screencast. I may use it at a Library meeting. I thought it was a perfect use of a screencast. You can send a link of this blog post to your teachers after showing it to them at a faculty meeting. In two minutes they will have gained a great deal of knowledge. It will take less time for the teachers to watch the screen cast and do what you have shown them than it will take for them to walk to the Library and ask the question. WELL DONE!