Wednesday, July 1, 2009

11.5 Things/ Thing 4

I think there are some great advantages to having teaching/learning videos available online. I am a perfect example. When I don't know how to do something (technical or otherwise), I have often turned to YouTube or TeacherTube. Students could also take advantage of learning in this manner. If they have internet at home, homework might be a bit more fun if it wasn't talked about in school but the teacher directed his/her students to a video to watch that either gave the assignment or watching the little video taught them the lesson for the day. I have seen some pretty elaborate teachertube videos by different science teachers that would be great to use in the classroom. I also think if students uploaded their own videos they would take some extra pride in their work since it was really published. Teachers could even require other students to view a number of classmates and evaluate each other's work - so long to using up 2 class period to do oral book reports like I use to do once a year with my middle school students!

I uploaded a animoto of a recent trip to the Baseball Hall of Fame to my account on TeacherTube (not very educational, but fun!). I got a popup message that said they would view it and post it in 24 hours. If they okay it, I will post the link.

No comments: