Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thing 10 of 11.5 Things

After a couple of hours of real work and many hours of reading and worrying, I have created my avatar, gone to Information Island, ran into a couple of walls, landed in the water, sat on many different things that I didn't mean to sit on I must take a break and enter the real world. Second Life is confusing. I picked an avatar that has this see-through top and big breasts. I tried to alter it and at least my breasts aren't so out there in an embarrassing type of way. I went to the Library on Information Island looking for a place to go or information to get and wished my avatar, Lee2024 Foxdale, had her iphone with her. Everything was different like I was going cross culture. I wanted to go to some interesting location or see some interesting event, but that will need to wait. I think there could be a lot of interesting applications for teachers to use with students if the teacher was really good at it. If the teacher wasn't it would just be a time waster.

I think that now that I have the basics I could use a tutor or a group session to help me on the next step of Second Life (I took a balloon tour of the island, but the first time the ballon took off I wasn't in it :). I will have to play more with this. I have a call out on my FB status that I need help. We will see if any of my friends play in SL.

No comments: