Monday, July 28, 2008

Thing 8

After setting up my Google Reader here are the answers to the 3 questions we were asked to ponder...

I like how the information in RSS and newsreaders come to the user instead of the user looking through different bookmarked or favorite sites to see what others are "up to."

The uses of this technology in school or personal life are endless, but will take a bit of adjusting of habits. I immediately went to adding subscriptions to people's blogs that I regularly check and a couple of websites I regularly check. I even went to a musician's site that I haven't seen in awhile but want to and added that site. Now I hope I use it regularly to keep up with everything.

Libraries can take advantage of this new technology by used it to keep current of the changes in the field of information science services, curriculum changes, educational law and in educating the library's users in how to have a newsreader help them in their daily life.

2 comments:

Terry said...

I love my Google Reader but if I don't look at regularly it can get overwhelming! I've had to give myself permission on occasion to simply "mark all as read" and start over!

jlfoster said...

I agree about it becoming "just a bit much" rather quickly. I have deleted a number of the news feeds since I still enjoy getting ink on my fingers!